Create your reputation. Don’t wait for one
Think of your favourite brand, be it a car, clothing or mobile phone. You know why you love that brand. You know what it promises. Likewise, whether we like it or not, we all have a personal brand. Your personal brand is what others think about you. For example, if you meet someone for the first time and they fail to make adequate eye contact with you, you may decide they are aloof.
This is an opportunity for you to invest some time thinking about the reputation you’d like to earn in a way that’s authentic to you. It will be time well spent.
The process of building your personal brand:
- DEFINE how you want to come across
- ALIGN this with how you actually come across. Are you consistently portraying what you think you are?
- PROJECT Find ways to promote your reputation in ways that suit you.
After this journey you will know what your personal brand offers and feel confident about the messages you send to other people. This confidence will strengthen your reputation and better enable you to achieve your career goals.
Personal Branding can be delivered through 1:1 coaching, in-house workshops, open workshops or graduate programmes.
A flavour of the topics covered:
- How people make judgements on what they see and experience of you
- The importance making the right impression first time and every time
- Time to identify and DEFINE how you wish to come across
- Tips on how to ALIGN by checking and refining the desired and actual impression you create through:
- How you sound (strong communication). Use your voice more effectively and sound more influential
- How you behave (confident body language). Learn excellent body language skills
- How you look (appropriate attire). Create an image that conveys all you are capable of
- Practical steps to PROJECT your reputation consistently and in ways that suit you. Be more visible, both on and offline
- Networking – what you want networking to do for you, being clear about the value you bring and communicating that value to others. Designing your 60-second pitch
- Tips and techniques personalised to you.
Qualified in LVI (Leadership Versatility Index) and FIRO-B (Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation) management tools which can be used to provide detailed profiling to check the alignment of your personal brand in a way that is true to your value systems and personality.
Who is it for?
- Anyone who wants to be sure that what people say about them when they are not in the room is what they would wish to hear
- Anyone who wants to be clear about what they have to offer at work
- Anyone who feels they are being overlooked at work and wants to communicate their abilities more consistently
- Anyone who wants to take the next step up and feels they might need to refine how they come across.